Thursday, October 7, 2010

Huh?

Last night, I sent in an online order for a few prints of photos I took of Ayla and a couple family photos as well that I took last weekend.

Well.

I just received a message from the Walgreens photo center that said the photos look professional so I would need a signed release from the photographer. I took that as a compliment.

I called them back and told them I listened to the message and she said, [insert snotty tone] "Yeah. Those are professional pictures. You'll need permission from the photographer before we can release them to you."

I told her I was the photographer and that they are my photos. She said, [insert snotty tone again] "Well, you'll just have to sign the release then when you come to pick them up."

What?

Soooo, let me get this straight--I have to sign a release (as the photographer) to release the photos back to myself? In other words, I'm giving myself permission to print my own pictures. Seems a little messed up if you ask me. Should be an interesting conversation when I go pick them up today. Personally, I don't think I should have to sign anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment